Dubai Islands – 6 Best Things To Do
As one of the oldest districts of Dubai, Dubai Islands stretches about 15.8 square km across four artificial islets. Once a prime hub for trade and commerce presently, the island has evolved into one of the most promising and prospering regions globally acknowledged for its upmarket residences, hotels and restaurants, world-class retail outlets and markets, shopping malls, harbours and many more. The Dubai district is also a centre of attraction for the world-famous traditional Arab Souks or markets for gold, spices and perfumes.
Today, Dubai Islands has turned out to be one of the most spectacular centres of tourist attraction in Dubai. As a traveller or tourist, you can access the island via road or sea and enjoy visiting the best places, from beach parks and traditional souks to remarkable architectural structures. Here are the six best things that you must do in Dubai during your Dubai tour:
- Al Mamzar Beach Park: If you are a beach lover, the Al Mamzar beach park will surely keep you astounded with its five pristine beaches covering an approximate area of 106 hectares, which are perfect for sunbathing and swimming. This beach park also has three pools where tourists who do not prefer getting sandy can relax. Besides, the seaside spot has a pleasant grassy area perfect for picnics. Also, you will get several food kiosks, cafeterias and restaurants offering mouth-watering delicacies to enjoy the Beach to the fullest.
- Dubai Old Souk Abra Station: It is an Abra Dock situated in the Dubai area of Dubai City, very close to the world-famous gold and spice souk. If you are planning to visit the Gold and Spice Souk, the boats conveying to the Dubai Old Souk Abra Station can help you reach your destination. With an exclusive range of fine-work and modern design gold jewellery, the Arabian Gold market attracts numerous business personnel and customers worldwide. Rest assured to get impressed with the myriad collections and spectacular offers on gold jewellery at the Arabian Gold market. Alternatively, if you are a food enthusiast stepping into the land of enticing flavours and aroma, bring home the freshest of ingredients infused with the smell of Middle East spices elevating the taste of your cuisines.
- Souk Al Marfa: The name that first comes to your mind with Dubai Islands is none other than the stunning waterfront whole sale souk or marketplace, the Souk Al Marfa. This marketplace is a one-stop indoor market with more than four hundred shops and stores in the form of small kiosks, retail stores, street food markets, showrooms and many more. It extends to the limits of about 1.9 kilometres along the waterfront and is a centrally air-conditioned Arabian Souk.
From decorative pieces, handicrafts and carpets, lights and electronic items, delicious street food items and fast-food restaurants to fashion, clothing and spices, what not will you get at this magnificent shopping centre! So, include the Souk Al Marfa on your list and do not forget to visit it during your Dubai Trip.
- Women’s Museum Bait Al Banat: Translated as the Girl’s House, the Bait Al Banat Museum bears significant historical importance of the UAE women breaking the shackles of stereotypes and playing phenomenal roles in establishing a society enriched in peace, education and culture. It is a must-visit place if you are keen on literature or artistic works of eminent women artists of the UAE.
- Heritage House: Situated on the oldest Dubai Islands, the Heritage House gives you a glimpse of the then local traditional housing with the values, contents and approaches that the then merchants created for day-to-day life. The graceful balcony surrounds the coral and gypsum heritage building. The 3-D dioramas inside the large rooms and the informative audio-video displays will convey the various conventional aspects of life. Visit this historical courtyard house; if you are ready for your vacation at Dubai Islands, Dubai.
- Dubai Dolphinarium: Another delightful tourist spot that children and adults prefer to visit is the Dubai Dolphinarium. The action-packed shows of the graceful and charismatic sea dolphins cannot simply fail to provide you with fun and amusement. As a tourist, you can participate in swimming sessions and interact with gentle sea creatures. Undoubtedly, you will cherish the memories you create with them throughout your life.
Is the Al Mamzar beach park worth visiting?
Yes, you will enjoy visiting Al Mamzar Beach.
How can I have business opportunities at Souk Al Marfa?
Visit the official website and contact the helpline number to avail the business opportunities at Souk Al Marfa.
How far are the gold and spice souks from Abra Dock?
They are just a few yards away from the Old Dubai Abra station.
Conclusion Are you planning a trip to Dubai? Visit Dubai Islands as one of the best tourist attractions. Of course, every tourist destination will make your trip worth remembering. However, consider stopping by the Souk Al Marfa for an incredible and unique shopping experience.